Petra Meikle de Vlas
ABOUT PETRA Inspired by the waters around her, Petra creates mixed media works in her coastal studio around 15 nautical miles from the magnificent Great Barrier Reef... Read More...
IntroductionShe rarely follows conventional art methods and has developed techniques that creates different effects to closely resemble reef and ocean like formations. The texture is the exposed reef and rocks, the water is the liquid paint, the spray bottle is the force of nature like rain, the hairdryer is the wind, the blowtorch is the sun, the gravity (tilting the board this way and that) is the tide. She is forever experimenting with different methods and tools, forever learning. As an Australian artist you are certainly influenced by the sea and its visual highlights... " allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
ArtworkEVENTS AND PRIZES
- Winner of the Art Lovers Australia People’s Choice Award 2020
- Nominated- ART LOVERS PRIZE 2021 - Australia 2021
- Nominated- ART LOVERS PRIZE 2019 - Australia 2019
- The Block 2019
- House Rules 2020
- Love it or List it 2021
- Home Design Mag
- Home Beautiful Mag
- Ocean Mag
- Grand Designs Mag
- The Block Shop Insider Style- Jessie and Mel's Winning Dinning Living Room Reveal 2019
- My Modern Met
- Art People
- 2022 Collector's Edition/ Melbourne, Australia
- 2021 Summer Exhibition / Art Lovers Australia - Southport, Australia
- 2021 Honour Her online auction -Australia
- 2021 University of New South Wales -IGEM / - Sydney, Australia
- 2021 Home / ALA Gallery-Gold Coast, Australia
- 2021 Stockroom Exhibition / Art Lovers Australia Gallery - Southport, QLD Australia
- 2019 Revealed / TBC Gallery Gold Coast - Queensland, Australia
- Bremer Island - 2121 East Arnhem Land, Australia.
- Ha'apai - 2019 - Foa Island, Kingdom of Tonga.
- Fitzroy Island - 2019 FNQ Australia.
- Nala Nala Game Reserve - 1996 Hluhluwe -KwaZulu- Natal, South Africa.
- Crystalbrook Group, Riley 2019 , Australia