In Mariia's work, it is important for her to observe people, to contemplate their diversity, dynamics and beauty, to catch the plasticity of bodies and faces.Read More...
IntroductionMariia Zhurykova was born in Russia in 1988, in early childhood she moved to Ukraine. After graduating from the National Academy of Arts and Architecture in Kiev in 2005 she started cooperating with Art-Yug gallery in Yalta. The works of this period are strongly influenced by Ukrainian academic school and Crimean tradition.
In 2015 she moved to Spain in order to broaden her career in the arts field at the Polytechnic University of Valencia. Together with her husband, an artist Anton Gudzykevych she worked at Gudzgallery art studio at El Campello, creating both own pieces of art and joint projects. In May 2018 Maria's personal exhibition named Color. Linea. Mujer took place in the Centre of Arts of El Campello. The Spanish period is marked with changes in the expressive style. It has become more abstract and gained a projective character. As Maria has always had artistic interest in portraits and depicting human body, the works of recent years are dedicated to female body and have two artistic lines – realistic and abstract. Currently Maria is continuing her artistic work at Gudzgallery in Javea.
" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
ArtworkPlease tell us the story of the artwork. What materials have you used?
The work is created with oil on canvas.
What was the inspiration?
The beauty of the female body. Listening to and contemplating the music of the body, enjoying the expressiveness of the lines and colours, as an extension of the inner world, feeling the harmony of the moment. harmony of the moment. Calm and inner energy fill the female images in this series of works.
What does the painting give you personally?
The feeling of a summer's day, the time of relaxation by the swimming pool.
What kind of feeling does the artwork create when you look at it?
It is to feel the warmth of the sun and bright light also at the same time the coolness of the shadow and water in the swimming pool.
Where exactly and when did you paint/roll it?
In my studio-gallery in Jávea in summer 2022
How and why did you start with the art you make?
I have studies in the tradition of Ukrainian academic school, it's a lot of work with the human body. Ukrainian academic tradition, it is a lot of work with the human body, I love to work with the human image.
How do you get inspired, how do you decide on a certain motif?
In my work it is important for me to to observe people, to contemplate their diversity, dynamics and beauty, to capture the plasticity of bodies and faces. and faces.
From idea to realisation, how do you approach your work?
The first thing is to enjoy the process very much the process of working with the material, i.e. colours, brushstrokes, textures, creating composition. second is to give meaning to the painting, connecting the pictorial with the line of figuration,
Which artist has influenced your style the most?
They are artists from different periods from ancient art to contemporary art.
Is there an artist you would like to work with sometime?
Gerhard Richter, Anselm Kiefer
What are your interests besides art? Ceramics, percussion, outdoor activities.
- 2015 - 2019. Degree in Fine Arts. Polytechnic University of Valencia, Faculty of
of Fine Arts of San Carlos
- 2012.Master's degree. National Academy of Fine Arts and Architecture, Kiev,
- 2010 . Graduate degree. National Academy of Fine Arts and Architecture, Kiev,
- 2022 - El lugar de la alegría y el dolor, Centre d'art Taller Ivars, Benissa, Spain
- 2022 - Connection, ESPACIO 14 gallery, Gata de Gorgos, Spain
- 2021 - project with Anton Gudzykevych Conexión, Centre d'Arte L'Estació, Denia, Spain
- 2020 - Woman, Gudzgallery, Jávea, Spain
- 2018 - Goddesses, Marína de Dénia, Dénia, Spain
- Colour. Linea. Woman, Casa de la Cultura, El Campello, Spain
- Woman, Artist's House, Kiev, Ukraine
- Girl's Dreams, Lotos space, Art-Ug Gallery, Yalta, Crimea
- 2017 - Symbiosis, together with Anton Gudzykevych, Casa de Cultura, San Juan de
- 2016 - Portrait of a woman, Lotos space, Art-Ug Gallery, Yalta, Crimea
- 2012 - Spain, Art-Ug Gallery, Yalta, Crimea
- 2010 - Untitled, Art-Ug Gallery, Yalta, Crimea
- 2022 - 55th Villa de Sant Joan Painting Competition, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
- 2022 - Abstract art, Marína de Dénia, Dénia, Spain
- 2022 - People, Marína de Dénia, Dénia, Spain
- 2021 - Collective, B.Art espacio de arte, Alicante, Spain
- 2021 - Abstract art, Marína de Dénia, Dénia, Dénia, Spain
- 2021 - Sea, Marína de Dénia, Dénia, Dénia, Spain
- 2021 - Humans, Marína de Dénia, Dénia
- 2020 - Collective, Marína de Dénia, Dénia
- 2019 - Painting Contest "Vila de Pego", Pego, Spain
- 38 Painting Contest "Salvador Soria", Benissa, Spain
- 2019 - The Sea, Marína de Dénia, Dénia, Dénia, Spain
- 2018 - Symbiosis, Central House of Painter, Kiev, Ukraine
- 2018 - Untitled, Central House of Pintor, Moscow, Russia
- 2016 - 20th Painting Contest of Sant Joan d'Alacant, San Juan de Alicante,
- 2014 - Painter's Day, National Union of Artists of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine
- 2013 - Untitled, Livadia Palace-Museum, Yalta, Ukraine
- Christmas, Kiev, Ukraine
- 2012 - Gogol. Ukraine and the World, Kiev, Ukraine
2011 - Ucrania pintoresca, sala de Unión nacional de los artistas de Ucrania (Casa del Pintor), Kiev, Ucrania - Mujeres creadores de Ucrania, Lugansk, Ucrania
- 2009 - Día del artista, Dnepropetrovsk, Ucrania
- 2008 - Paisaje de Crimea, Casa del Pintor de Crimea, Simferopol, Crimea, Ucrania 2006 - Paisaje ucraniano moderno, Poltava, Ucrania
- 2022 Seleccionada en el 55 Certamen de Pintura Villa de Sant Joan d'Alacant, San Juan de Alicante, España
- 2021 -Accesit en Concurso de pintura Salvador Soria Vila de Benissa, Benissa, España
- 2019 - Seleccionada en el Certamen de Pintura “Vila de Pego”, Pego, España
- 2019 - Seleccionada en el 38 Certamen de Pintura “Salvador Soria”, Benissa, España
- 2016 - Seleccionada en el 20 Certamen de Pintura de Sant Joan d'Alacant, San Juan de Alicante, España
- 2013 - Proyecto Creación de retratos, Certificado del Ministerio de cultura y arte de Crimea Ferias de Arte
2017 - La Feria de Arte en Shanghai, China - La Feria de Arte en Málaga, España - Feria de Arte en Dalian, China
- 2010 - Art Fair, Ukrainian House, Kiev, Ukraine
- 2009 - Día del artista, Dnepropetrovsk, Ucrania
Obras en instituciones
-Museo de Callaghan -Donación a Casa de Cultura, El Campello, España -Museo de arte contemporáneo de Ucrania, Kiev, Ucrania En colecciones privadas Ucrania, Rusia, España, China, Estados Unidos, Inglaterra, Francia, Bélgica, Holanda, Alemania, Noruega.
Enlaces videos El lugar de alegría y el dolor https://youtu.be/V9VjC2Ji-FM Proyecto CONEXIÓN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKG-v81uUo&t=13s Proyecto benéfico, organizado por Callaghan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj8Tb4MCQtI&t=5s